No, I am not going to bed! I will write this blog. To help me stay motivated, I'm listening to those songs from The Social Network soundtrack that can make even browsing Tumblr seem productive and life changing.
(Edit: I went to bed and finished this post today, sorry!!)
This past week has been all over the place. I think I'm finally settled back into the fact that I do, indeed, have seven entire weeks to go before I can have summer that I do, indeed, have to get through whether I want to or not.
First, let me announce the winner of my slightly mustache heavy giveaway:
Kaleena J. !!
Congrats! You can e-mail me at email@example.com. :] You should check out her blog. It's quite fun, and I bet you'll be able to relate. Even the first time I browsed, it had me smiling a ton!
Today is Thursday. Tomorrow is Friday. Friday. Friday.
You know what I've been thinking? The lyrics to to Friday, albeit hilarious, are no less pointless than those of Telephone by Gaga. Rebecca Black seems to be handling this whole thing well, though. Her Ark Music company is probably ecstatic. What some of the people making fun of it don't realize is that any publicity is good publicity. By pointing, laughing and saying, "she's SO stupid" all you're doing is helping. Psh, her company couldn't care less whether you hate it or love it. All they care about is that everyone knows who they are now, and they are making baaank over this.
If I had written this blog two days about it would have been a lot less reflective and much more me trying to fit in as many Friday references as possible. I'll spare you. :]
Although the song is still. in. my. head.
I have so many stories I could share and things I want to tell you on this blog, proving I don't blog enough. Bah. Here's a quick cheat list:
- OLIVER WOOD is appearing in Deathly Hallows Part II. Dreams really DO come true, guys!
- Bachelor finale. Anybody watch? Thoughts? I think I'm okay with it, even though I am so not a Brad fan. He made so many scenes so awkward. So laughable.
- I named my newest sculpture (made out of chicken wire and cheesecloth [nope, i didn't know what that stuff was, either]) Chunky Monkey because I "was going for" the rough effect. One of the many perks of being an "artist." Disguising laziness with "what you were going for."
- Next time, I will tell you about how I very much angered a middle aged man whose face looked like death at Hobby Lobby yesterday.
- Next year for St. Patrick's Day I will be able to drink green beer and see the green river in Chicago. Actually, I was there last year on St. Patrick's Day, but we could not for the life of us figure out which section of the river they dyed green.
- Facebook addiction = gone. Tumblr addiction = rapidly growing.
- I think I might add a tab up there with stuff I make. Kind of like a portfolio, except less impressive and probably highly sarcastic. Chunky Monkey, for example, would not be in my portfolio. I just need an 'A' from Toddly.
This one, like my banner, is what I just turned in. I wanted to cover the whole thing in letter clippings, but we didn't have much time to do this assignment and I ran out of time to scan. Plus, he liked this, so, sadly, I just did enough to know I'd secured an A.
Okay, I'm going to play my neglected uke, now. More soon. Have a fun FUN FUN fryyday.