Wednesday, May 11, 2011

When There's A Burning in Your Heart


Boy in library.
On phone.
Excessive hip poppin'.
Gettin' comfy with the bookshelf.
Hilarity ensued.

Awesome:

Today my brother and I bonded over type.
This morning I spent in the wilderness with coffee and my favorite Book and read about how He says, "I have made you, and I will carry you." 
Yesterday and Today I got to chill with my nephews.
Last night I actually legitimately gamed with minimal frustration.
Yesterday and Today I got to emphasize with a friend who knows my heart.
Tomorrow I am seeing Something Borrowed (with John Krasinski and Ginnifer Goodwin)!
This afternoon I had a lovely bonding/rant conversation with a friend with whom I am finding more in common with each and every conversation.
Tomorrow I think I'm buying new heels.
Today I wondered if I was the only person who doesn't watch Doctor Who.
Tonight I'm writing in my journal for the first time in a long time.
Tomorrow I get to people watch the elderly while I wait for my oil change.
Yesterday I heard the new Death Cab For Cutie single on the radio that I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HAS EXISTED FOR A MONTH. I blame finals.  

" 'Cause when you find yourself a villain, 
In the story you have written 
It's plain to see
That sometimes the best intentions 
Are in need of redemptions."







To be honest, I actually own three Sarah Dessen books, but I have only read one I don't own. I have Dreamland, The Truth About Forever, and This Summer. I've read This Lullaby. Everyone is absolutely raving about Stephanie Perkin's Anna and The French Kiss, so I have that on hold at the library, and Katie's recommendation of Jellicoe Road sounds really really fun. Looks like my list is piling up! PLUS whatever book we choose to read on here!

4 comments:

  1. I am so so so so so excited for book club! I feel like all of us who want in should start a collab blog or YouTube channel or some kind of something that would make it easy to track down and see everyones thoughts on everything.

    I looovvveee Sarah Dessen. I own just about all of her books. They're all worth reading at least once, but some are better than others. I would definitely, DEFINITELY recommend Just Listen. *swooonnnn*

    I want to hear more about your gaming experience. And about the new heels you may buy. Shoes are maybe the best purchase ever.

    Also, I love that picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you creepily took a picture of that guy. :)

    Abbie, Just Listen...I mean, oh my word, that book was beautiful. I fell in love with Owen...definitely one of my favorite Dessen guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People watching is the best thing. Even better than TV, unless we're talking about Scrubs. No competition.

    And I am not ashamed to say I own and read all of Sarah Dessen's books. Multiple times. Needless to say, I am a fan. The Truth About Forever is my favorite one, and the first one I ever read. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have Anna and the French Kiss on hold!

    That picture is hilarious.

    Excuse me while I go read all of your other posts in the past 3 weeks while I have been absent. *sheepish guilty smile*

    ReplyDelete