I finally switched over to the new Blogger template. I still need a few days to adjust. Hmm. Anyway, this year has already been the most Christmas filled year I have had ever in my life. Largely in part due to two things: my roomie, and Chicago.
This weekend was amazing. With everyone around me on the quarter system and not in school right now, I have the disadvantage of managing a "not in school" social life and an "in school" schedule. Therefore, I haven't been home in days, my room is a mess, I have no groceries, and I should have done laundry a week ago. HOWEVER, this was one of my favorite weekends in Chicago thus far.
1. Chicago has this thing called the Holiday train, where they take a normal el train decorate it inside and out with as much Chrstmas as possible. The seats, the outside, the lights, the music, the ads... Christmas. Everything. It's the most magical commute you will ever experience. Santa is even on it.
|The seats may have been my favorite part.|
|Polar Express? Perhaps.|
|Even the awful jokes were magically endearing.|
2. Then we went to the Zoo because during Christmas they have it lit up like crazy and Christmified to the max. The picture up top is of that. Plus, I had never even been to this zoo yet, so it was especially exciting. We all literally felt five. Which brings me to...
3. My friends are just as nerdy as I am. It's not strange geeking out at the most randomly simple things, because chances are one of them is geeking out more than I. And they're Nerdfighters. And we talked about Maureen Johnson and John Green and took pictures by puppy sized elephants. And we all had fancy cameras and all stopped at random times to take pictures. So you weren't "that one person whose camera is better than everyone else's and takes random artsy pictures."
ALSO, it was getting to the point where we were all figuring out how similar our introverted nerdy similarities were that I asked one simple question. "Okay, so how did you start on the internet. I mean, what brought you to it. What was your first obsession."
In unison everyone said, "Neopets."
4. We went to this HUGE HUGE craft fair. And it was packed. But it was packed with awesomeness. Oh, and Jeananne and I wore antlers the entire day. At one point a woman on the street called us Donner and Blitzen. We're Don and Blitz.
5. Our apartment is crazy full of DIY Christmas crafts.
6. Christmas Christmas Christmas.
Okay, Lex... I got your request loud and clear and it's coming soon. I need to write like six more blogs this year because I wanted to have more than last year.
Happy Christmas, Harry!
Happy Christmas, Ron!