
There's something about starting fresh that is simply exhilarating. I'm moving away from my old blog, because I want this to be real. I want this to be read (hopefully), to be genuinely regular, and to reflect the college life Allyson. My old blog was random, sporadic, and old. I'll copy and paste my new blog posts from college in this post, just so they're on here as well. I'll keep my old blog for future personal reference, but I like the idea of this one much much better.
My immune system has finally surrendered to it's first college bug. I have a cold just in time for a few mid-terms, a speech, a test for admission into my major, and a novel in the works. =]
I think a runny nose and a pessimistic attitude are virally connected. I am attempting to disconnect this string of evil. Coffee is currently helping.
So. NaNoWriMo. Do it with me please? Pretty pretty please? Yes, I know you don't have time. I don't either. That's the fun of it. There's a group of NaNoWriMoer's here on campus. This is SO exciting. I actually get to participate in write-in's with OTHER PEOPLE. This was never possible in Manty. Except with Katie, but we failed. Meh.
I don't want to make this too long, because below is my first blog entiry from college from my old blog. Enjoy...?
See you soon, shiny new blog. =]]
allysonkate;;
COLLEGE.
Holy Flipping Fantastic.
I love college. Let me start with move-in day.
Going in, I was fully prepared for the fact that I was in what was known as the crappiest dorm on campus. But it's SO false. THE CLOSET SPACE is AMPLE! I thought I had wayy too many clothes, and yet it is not a problem at all. Also, our tenth floor view is GORGEOUS. I'm so excited to see miles of fall colored leaves and snowcapped treetops. Plus, being right above the practice football fields can't be a bad thing, right? ;]]
Anyway, I the activities planned for the first day were not very 'I don't know anyone, so lets sit, mix, and have a conversation about life'. So I stayed in my dorm that night while others grinded on the dance floor. This is okay.
Friday I bought the items that I should have brought along, but forgot. My parents and I went out for lunch before leaving. I did get teary-eyed, but managed to hold in together quite well.
It's a weird feeling... going from feeling infinite walking through campus alone i-pod and cell in hand, to saying goodbye to your parents for real while they leave you with no stable friends at your side.
I quickly found a group of five other girls that my roommate hung out with that day. We've been hanging out ever since. I think only two-three of the girls I actually feel like I want to have as stable friends, but it's nice to be part of a group already. That night we sang karaoke, talked, got intived to (and denied) our very first frat party, and attempted to stargaze.
That day my roommate told me to meet them at the ice cream social the LBTG was having. I went over to claim my free ice cream, and a woman told me it just ended. A friendly boy was observing, so he handed me a button that said 'I love my queer friends' in consolation. hahaha
Today, Saturday, was so amazing. We wandered the entirety of TEN guy floors making friends. We were serenaded by a boy named mikey. Ironically, he reminded me of Mikey from Recess. Anyway, then on the way to bowling, there was a man standing with an open Pepsi machine just handing out soda. Soda in hand, we went and bowled a game for free. Then we headed to the hypnotist, followed by another round of bowling.
I went on ratemyprofessors.com, and my ENG composition teacher is listed as 'hot'. One commenter says he has piercing, wears jerseys, swears, and has half an hour classes that are supposed to be an hour 45.
I think i like it here. =]]
I love life.
Church tomorrow.
lovealways;;
allysonkate
i like you.
ReplyDeletei am sad that i will not be sick with you, as has been the case for the last two years.
i'm happy that you're doing nanowrimo again, and i hope that you enjoy being able to write with people, and i hope to be allowed to read it.
i did enjoy this blog =)
much love, loso