Friday, February 26, 2010

Pomplamoose.

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is,
because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"
- Alice

It's the weekend, and even though I may or may not have just bombed a test, it's over. It's beautiful outside, and I feel like dancing. Thus, I need to play music that fits my mood. Currently, it's Cascada. Weak spot, ladies and gentlemen. I cannot resist a beat that gets me on my feet. Dance, trance, club music... yes. Basshunter... yes. Ridiculous, I know. But it's just so FUN. Also, you can't exactly work out to most artists I enjoy most.
This song has been a guilty pleasure of mine for a couple years now. I spent embarrassingly long finding the source of this remix when I first heard it. In the RIDICULOUS music video, there are literally unicorns and rainbows. Also, how I found out about the remix of this song in the first place it is another embarrassing story. Same boy through whom I found out about Basshunter. Both currently on iPod. Is this what my life has become? Embarrassing stories about embarrassing things I enjoy? Trust me, it is a good thing I subdue these qualities.

My roomie just said that her ex-boyfriend sent I'm In Heaven when they were still dating. This makes me laugh. I can't decide whether this is cute, frightening, or completely made of awesome.

Now on to good music. Remember that one time Ben Folds, Ben Lee, and Ben Kweller did a collab EP, and a little part of me exploded with joy? Yeah, I remember that too. I want them to do it again. Anyway, I was thinking of this because I checked in on Ben Kweller's new cd, and found that it's complete twangy country. Uniquely country. In a good way. Just... different that what one is used to hearing from Kweller.

Anyway, listen to this cover of Don't Wanna Miss a Thing. It seems as though people either love it or hate it. I, for one, absolutely love it. Give it a shot beyond the first fifteen seconds. I love Pomplamoose. I envy their adorable indie marriage.

Previous week happenings:
I gave mocha's a chance for the first time in at least a year. I'm learning to like them a tad more.
Went to a concert.
Was in a concert.
Had to reassure Microsoft word that I really did want to use the words Dementors and Hogwarts in my paper.
Had no time to pay attention to the Olympics... and regretted it.
Started memorizing my massive rambling rants in my script. I'm a mother arguing with my daughter about a buffalo. It's fun. "It's a buffalo. Not a person."
MIDTERMS.
Pushed myself too far on a treadmill for an hour, and nearly collapsed after. See, I have this problem where I feel I should be able to achieve the mile time I achieved during my cross country prime. Therefore, I push myself to this level after working out far less, and don't realize the stupidness of this idea until the room is going black.

Can I tell you a story? It's in honor of Kim's birthday.
Boys won't understand. Here, boys. Look at these pictures of trucks and tools or something. Anywho, okay so a little background first. In my early to late high school days I would only wear eyeliner all the way across my bottom lid. This is how girls did it. When my sister would come home she would yell at me for this, and tell me to only put it on my top lid, otherwise I'd regret it in future years. I never listened. She just didn't understand. However, senior year when she came home for Christmas and gave me this speech, I decided to give in and try it.
So, the first day back from break I only put eyeliner on my top lid, even though it was so uncomfortable. Later that day in band, I noticed my dearest Kimberly had done her eye makeup differently. She too only had eyeliner on her top lid. I commented on it and said I tried the same for the first time today. She responded with, "Yeah my sister..." I instantly jumped in with, "MY sister!!!" Just then we knew exactly what the other was going to say. Our sisters had come home for break and yelled at us for how we did our makeup. It was hilarious.
Anyway, so since then I've halfway given in. I wear a little on my bottom lid, about halfway across. Last night I put it all across my bottom lid. It was gross. I couldn't stand it. You win, sister. Right again.

Rad: I have watched this so many times. After you watch it a few times, just completely watch the boy. His facial expressions are priceless. He's like, "Girl, stop trying to sound smart... I know how to tell it how it is."
Unrad: How I seem to create issues when I try and resolve them. Silly Allyson.
Greek Episode: Season 1 Episode 9 (Sorry, it's been a crazy week! :[ )
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment