This morning was weird (four hours of Skype?) , I feel quite disoriented (this could be the excessive amount of coffee), and I am just tired (I don't think I can remember the last time I felt rested. Sigh.) Therefore, I am spending the late afternoon hours at Panera eating comfort food (just look at the deliciousness of that bad boy!) and drinking even more coffee. Bread bowls are genius. It makes me what else you could wrap in bread. The other night I came to Panera with a friend and they had no bread bowls left. If I hadn't been with my best friend I would have probably cried even more than I did. Just kidding. My eyes only got a little watery. What if... you had your coffee in a bread mug? I have an empty bread bowl here, and the luxury of free coffee refills. I may or may not try this. What if... you wrapped yourself in bread every morning? Holy nom.
---
I loved reading all the comments on my last blog. I love knowing I'm not the only one that has this extensive of a memory. I love knowing that a lot of us share the same memories. I've always thought nostalgia would be the death of me. I live in the past way too often way too much. Not that I'm not just as excited for the future, I'm just unhealthily nostalgic. A little over a year ago my friend attempted to get me out after a bad day. She dragged me to places I had good memories that I probably needed to forget. She just kept on saying, "We're makin' NEW memories in OLD places." I must admit, it works pretty well.
----
Last night my roomie and I bought Justin Bieber pajamas at Walmart. Pictures. SOON.
Quote: "People say it's artistic and stuff, but I'm like.... you're an egg." Justin Bieber on Lady Gaga's arrival to the Grammys. You can watch the whole interview here from Chelsea Lately. The kid is funny, I'm not going to lie.
-----
One month ago I had everything figured out about the direction I want to take my career. Now I'm confused again. I need to just stop thinking. I have graphic design and public relations. Which do I major in and which do I minor in? Here's the thing. I would enjoy a base level crap graphic design class. I wouldn't so much enjoy a base level crap public relations job. But being in the PR department for an up and coming company would be so fun, and I'd still have enough gd knowledge to freelance a tad (even just for fun) on the side. I love relationships and communities online, and I could talk about them for hours. Would someone please take that sentence and tell me how to get a job out of it and what I need to learn?
But the most important thing is getting a foot in some door, so I think I'm going to buy giant shoes before I move to Chicago. Meh, I'll stop stressing.
There's a social media consultant job in my area this summer that says this:
"Job Responsibilities and Duties:
•Create & execute comprehensive social media strategies
•Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities
•Coordinate social media efforts both internally and externally with clients
•Monitor trends in social media and appropriately apply that knowledge to increasing the use of social media
•Analyze the market to identify social media sales opportunities and develop plans for execution of marketing campaigns.
•Initiate and manage company's presence on social networking sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Yelp and other similar community sites
Requirements:
•3-4 years of social media and marketing experience
•Good copywriting skills with ability to produce copy of varying tone and messaging based on target audience and medium
•Experience with managing and promoting blogs
•Project management"
*Starts to put big shoes on* *Reads necessary experience sentence*
LE SIGH. I bet I know more about half of that stuff than some random marketing dork who has three years of experience.
Six days until BEDA!
I almost forgot about BEDA. Until right now. Whoaaaaa. Bread bowls are the best invention. When you were talking about putting coffee in one, I started imagining a doughnut bowl and how wonderful and delicious and awesome that would be.
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness.
ReplyDeletelong random comment ahead.
first off, bread bowls are my FAVORITE thing to get at Panera. broccoli cheddar all the way. :)
justin bieber pajamas? jealous. at the airport yesterday my best friend, sister, and I all bought magazine featuring mostly justin. I felt ridiculous reading it while we flew.
I have mixed feelings about him. because: I don't listen to his music, so I don't know if he's really any good. he is overrated. but really, I mean, he seems like such a nice person.
and dude. I agree about the egg. it was just like, umm, ok.
I think that San Juan picture you sent me is hilarious, mainly cause it's my picture's twin. I want to go back already. It's SO cold here.
sigh. I'm ready for spring.
have a lovely, lovely week!
ALSO! I love your header! Expect me to copy it as soon as you switch to a new one. :)
ReplyDeleteSo bread... I too have thought about being wrapped in bread only because i LOVE the way it smells. mmm. also, i hope you saved me some of that bread bowl! that looks so nom nom.
ReplyDeleteBread bowls are my favorite thing about Panera. Oh and their bagels. And that's saying something because normally I don't like bagels.
ReplyDeleteYou sound excited about doing pr. I would just go for whatever you think you would enjoy the most. It's hard to know what to do with you life (I don't even know what I want) but just go with your gut. That always works for me.