Monday, December 21, 2009

Edwart Mullen is My Hero.

"About three things I was absolutely certain. First, Edwart was most likely my soul mate, maybe. Second, there was a vampire part of him–which I assumed was wildly out of his control–that wanted me dead. And third, I unconditionally, irrevocably, impenetrably, heterogeneously, gynecologically, and disreputably wished he had kissed me.

And thus Belle Goose falls in love with the mysterious and sparkly Edwart Mullen in the
Harvard Lampoon’s hilarious send-up of Twilight.

Pale and klutzy, Belle arrives in Switchblade, Oregon looking for adventure, or at least an undead classmate. She soon discovers Edwart, a super-hot computer nerd with zero interest in girls. After witnessing a number of strange events–Edwart leaves his tater tots untouched at lunch! Edwart saves her from a flying snowball!–Belle has a dramatic revelation: Edwart is a vampire. But how can she convince Edwart to bite her and transform her into his eternal bride, especially when he seems to find girls so repulsive?

Complete with romance, danger, insufficient parental guardianship, creepy stalker-like behavior, and a vampire prom,
Nightlight is the uproarious tale of a vampire-obsessed girl, looking for love in all the wrong places."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Oh goodness gracious. The day I picked this book up in Barnes and Noble, I instantly fell in love. I cannot wait to read it. Seriously. It's hilariously fantastic. Bahahaha.
In other news, today I was at Starbucks sitting by myself. I was reading the New York Times (which, i had never realized before, is a FANTASTIC newspaper), and a woman sat down near me. Soon after, she was shortly greeted by a man who seemed to be her significant other. Naturally, I listened to their conversation for a bit. (Okay, maybe this isn't natural for everyone to be rude like this, but it is for me. It's so fun.) Anywho, I kept the newspaper close and kept my eyes on one article I was "reading". Ten minutes later I realized I was "reading" the same article. I think they suspected something. Oh well, their conversations on middle schoolers' drinking starbucks, watching gamblers in casinos, and working on New Year's eve weren't very

poignant

. I went back to actually reading the newspaper, giving up on any attempt on inspiring entertainment.
Last night I watched the documentary on the special feature's disk of HP 6 entitled JK Rowling: A Year in The Life. Footage began the day she finished the rough manuscript of Deathly Hallows and continued just beyond the mad release of the final copy. The documentary covered much of her depressing earlier life, and how you can see remnants of this in the series. With her it's not like the common sob story of other famous people. You know, how every actress was "teased a lot in grade school" or how "my family had no money when I was a child". I mean, my sympathy goes out to these poor, poor famous people. But JK's story isn't as cliche'd as this. She had a very tough life before Harry Potter, but it's all so real. She's so real. So poised. The money is a means to support her family and charities, and the fame is hardly a desired way of living for her. But she takes it all in stride, both feet planted firmly on the ground.
I love JK Rowling.
Oh look, a blog that talks about Twilight (indirectly), Starbucks, and Harry Potter. Way to move on to new material, Allyson. You really love steppin' out of that box.
Rad: Warmth.
Unrad: Lack of motivation to exercise.

1 comment:

  1. So I wrote a really long comment, then my computer froze. I'm not writing it all again. I'll paraphrase. First, J.K. Rowling is fine, but I don't share as much love for her as you do. I have my reasons. Second, Twilight should never have been written because it does nothing good and has nothing good in it. I hope that Nightlight can do something to show people how ridiculous it is and help them to move on to good literature. Sorry that I don't have time to type up five paragraphs again. Pax.

    ReplyDelete