(500) Days of Summer.Alyson gave me this film on DVD last night, at a party with a ton of our high school friends. Since this was our last night together, we were desperate to watch it together right away. So, before there got to be too many people there, we popped it in, started watching, and shoved the case in anyone's face who asked what it was. It began to get slightly louder in the room, so we made a comfy little spot for ourselves inches away from the TV, ignoring any interruptions.
At first there were a few "Why are we watching a chick flick" mumbles from a guy or two, but at the beginning of the movie there were probably 7 of us watching. By the end of the movie, there were probably about 20 people in the room... 7 of them had joined us inches from the TV. :]
It's SUCH a good film. I especially like the indie film style they used, and the ending. Oh, the ending! Halfway through the film, I thought of that ending in my head, and I wanted it so badly because it's so real.
I may just watch it again today. Plus, the soundtrack is fantastic! Of course is features Zooey's music in She & Him, but it also features Regina Spektor, Simon and Garfunkel, and a fantastic song called Sweet Disposition from The Temper Trap.
We also watched another film on my list, Away We Go. I wanted to see this mostly because of Mr. Krasinski, but it was very good as well. A little frustrating...but well filmed.
So now, my films to see list is a teenie bit shorter. In theaters: Brothers, An Education, and Lovely Bones. However, I have no money for this.
Okay, I just needed to make my love for this movie public. Thank you.
Merry Christmas Eve, by the way. :]
Rad: Jesus' birth, Joseph Gordon-Levitt's acting ability
Unrad: NOTHING! It's CHRISTMAS, children!!
You could add Sherlock Holmes to your list of movies to see in theaters, but I'm not going to rave about it just yet because I've considered it will probably suck in contrast to the original stories. Let's hope not though.
ReplyDelete