King of Spain by The Tallest Man on Earth AND Marrow by St. Vincent
Quote of the moment: "It was one of the best days of my life, a day during which I lived my life and didn't think about my life at all."
Fun website that sells pointless things of the moment: Fred
Days till home: ONE.
I've been absolutely obsessed with NPR's music page and All Songs Considered. So much good music is out there. I like finding it. It's kind of like a never-ending treasure hunt. Not never-ending because you never find what you're looking for... neverending because you are able to keep finding what you didn't even know you were looking for. These are the best kind of treasure hunts - curious, aimless ones.
Apparently this gives me a hipster characteristic. I am slowly becoming okay with this, I suppose.
I took my last final today! Actually, if I didn't take it, I still would have gotten an A in the class. Needless to say, I kinda winged it. It went pretty well, still. Oh! In all actuality, this story is kind of a bore, but i think it's SO smart. Let me tell you how this professor grades.
So, my professor makes his own scantrons that are about the size of half a notebook piece of paper. There are fifty questions and you "x" or fill in the circle of the correct answer. When you are done, you take it to the front of class where the professor and two TA's are sitting. They have exact same scantrons, but with the correct answers punched out. Therefore, they are able to take the answer key that lines up with your version of the test, lay it directly over your test, and grade the entire thing with you standing there within 15 seconds. Every time I take an exam in Sociology, I know my grade within 3 minutes of completing it. Isn't this genius?!
Friends, why are the most on campus activities planned during finals week? I mean, I know it's great to go off with a boom and distress, but I want to enjoy these things when I'm bored, not stressed and busy! Christmas parties, free roller-skating, free bowling, free concerts. Except all the free food. This can always happen. It's national cotton candy day, so today was free cotton candy. Last night was free breakfast (a personal favorite.) Also free gingerbread cookie decorating (allowing you to put a sickening amount of frosting and gumdrops however many you please.) Plus, I'm trying not to waste all the food that won't last a month in the vacant dorm. PLUS, I had about $175 meal money to spend in two weeks (let's just say I have bought enough wintergreen mints to keep my breath fresh for three years.)
Needless to say, I need to stop eating. Forever, maybe.
Tomorrow, back to Wisconsin. Tonight, paaaacking. Also, A Very Glee Christmas.
Hope finals aren't making you want to punch small woodland creatures!
Dude. We definitely have permanent residence in the same state. Whoaaaaaa. I'm so jealous that you're done with finals! I have until the 21st until I get to go home. And that grading system does sound genius! I hate having to wait to get grades back.
ReplyDeletethat glee episode was my favorite yet! and i really wish my professors graded like that! we're still on quarters so i had my finals right before thanksgiving. let me tell you...that was a blast. i think there are a lot of activities planned this week here as well..but i will not be going because there is so much snow and evil pellets of ice flying at my face, im tempted to not even venture to class.... i must admit though...it IS very PRETTY.
ReplyDelete