Tuesday, December 14, 2010

We're Your Worst Nightmare, Elves With Attitude


Since I Have Been Home on Break I : A List

- have been in a giant, scary snow storm.
We weren't home, but when we did get home, we were told that the power in our neighborhood had been out for 13 hours due to a branch falling on a powerline in our backyard. Well, it turns out it wasn't just a branch. It was more like 1/3 of the tree. Whoopsie. Sorry about that, neighborhood. I apologize for any sour food, loss of christmas cheer, or lost time otherwise spent shooting bubbles on your desktop. [picture]
(Also, here's a link to the roof of the metrodome (Vikings stadium in Minnesota) collapsing, just because it's... well... an epic fail. [oops] )

- spent a good amount of time with the nephews
Andy turned 1. :]

- started reading Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
I'm quickly taking full advantage of the fact that I have no assigned reading (and very few friends home yet), and may read whatever I please at whatever pace I choose and retain whatever information my brain happens to retain without overanalyzing.

- watched a ton of Gilmore Girls
I really, really, really enjoy that show.

- had a sleepover with the best friend
Enough said, i think. :]

- watched Going The Distance, again
(Drew Barrymore and Justin Long)
Loved it, again. decided Justin Long can and does get cuter even when you are convinced it is not humanly possible for more cute to spew out of that boy.

- kind of unpacked

- made birthday plans for friday
Artsy/random/fun day with the best friend in the city to celebrate that the day that I turn a new unimportant age.

- got this scarf in the mail for my birthday
... from an awesome awesome person. It's even prettier in person, I promise. It matches everything. :]

- had more egg nog than probably healthy

- was reminded of the fact that I had a very large crush on this elf from The Santa Clause
... and probably still do. I think I can comfortably call The Santa Clause my favorite Christmas movie.

- found out Zac Efron is single, seen Miley Cyrus smoking a bong and learned that the sales of saliva, the drug in the bong, have skyrocketed since the video leaked online, learned that Kate and Charlie from lost dated each other in real life, and found our that the girl who plays the accordion in Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros plays Katherine in Greek.
Phew. Pop culture is exhausting.

That's all I've got for now. Keep me updated, I'll do the same!

4 comments:

  1. The Santa Clause is also my favorite Christmas movie. It seriously makes me laugh out loud every time I watch it.

    "Is this okay Dad???" "NO IT'S NOT OKAY"

    Miley is seriously the dumbest ex-disney channel star ever. And Zac Efron is the cutest.

    Happy Birthday! 19 and 20 really do suck. Well, I'm not 20 yet. But it just seems pointless.

    The windchill here is -9. Just loving life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow storm was crazy! Power went out in the dorms at my school, which made for a pretty interesting time. Everything is gorgeous now, though. Happy birthday!!! That scarf is gorgeous. And I was totally hoping when you linked to the elf you crushed on at one point that it was going to be Bernard, because I adore him.

    Also, Justin Long is superhumanly adorable. No doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God, Justin Long. I think that's all that needs to be said here.
    Except that I love the scarf! And happy birthday! What unimportant age are you turning?

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha- "had a sleepover with a best friend- enough said"!
    Moriya x

    ReplyDelete