Monday, September 26, 2011

September


I have a lot of thoughts.

Thoughts like the possibility that Chicago is my soulmate.
Thoughts like the fact that I should use my laundry quarters for laundry and not coffee.
Thoughts like the fact that I am terrified of not squeezing and using my location and resources to every ounce of their full potential.
Thoughts like the fact that I don't like not being able to trust everyone you see and be friendly to them.
Thoughts like screenprinting ink onto burlap.
Thoughts like shoes.
Thoughts like art.
Thoughts like you.


I see something worth writing about every single day of my life. I thought about starting a Tumblr with a thought a day, but I think I'm going to do that here. A thought a day put into one post a week. I've already talked to you guys about my love of archiving my past into one nice location. Having all these sites in my past like Myspace, past blogs, Tumblr, Facebook... I really just want one. I want one place to look back at in 15 years and say, "Look. Look how naive I was. Except, I can easily see how naive I was because my past thoughts and interactions are organized into one handy place!"


Anyway, I observe a lot of things.

Things like a girl on the train reading "Bossy Pants." I watched her closely as she read, because I knew I could catch her smiling at least once.
Things like my Art History teacher who has an accent identical to that of Michele's on Gilmore Girls, and the fact that he uses the adjective "sexy" to describe stone age art more than any other art historian. I am sure.
Things like my Pottermore letter, finally. :]
Things like boys who stepped out of a JCrew magazine.
Things like the entire skyline from my roof.



I really really love my life. So much so, that almost every single day I am sure something huge is going to go wrong. Because it can't all be this good. Something bad is going to happen. But, for now, nothing is wrong. Well, I did have to get familiar with the doctor the third week of school. But, it's all fixed now.

I got a job at the Gap.
On a related note, I'm too tiny for their jeans.
This makes me feel bad about myself.
But then I went to a different store.
And couldn't zip a bigger size up than the size I "was" at Gap.
So, that made me feel human again.

The last two years I've posted FALL FALL FALL FALL blogs. Trust me, I still love fall. But I'll just leave it at that this year. Go drown yourself in everything pumpkin. :]

4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of you being in Chicago, you have no idea. I'll bet nobody in the big cities really cares about Fall and bright leaves and pumpkins, because they have so much other amazing stuff to care about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous as well about you being in Chicago. More because I'm jealous that you're somewhere you love being. I want to be able to feel that soon.

    Oh and I'm jealous that your professor has an accent similar to Michele's.

    And I'm excited for your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way you write. You seem like a thoughtful and genuine person. :) And I'm totally loving on your blog.

    xo, Samantha
    http://theadventuresoftwosams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You work at the Gap! I figured it out. I love fall too. It just has the best feelings attached to it.

    ReplyDelete