Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring Break = Summer?

So, I'm coming back into the swing of things from a wonderful spring break spent mostly in Nashville, my favorite city in the country. Except I can't find my motivation. All I have motivation to do is eat cupcakes.

Remember Stacy, my best of frans/roommate last year? Well, she goes to school in Nashville now. #convenient




We hung out in the sun, drank lattes, shopped, ate froyo, shopped, went out downtown, line danced, met nice boys, splurged, sat in the sun, slept, spent way too long getting ready, drove around, had Target runs, wore a lot of heels, listened to a lot of music, and had plenty of giggles.

There was this one moment when we were sitting on the porch of a Starbucks with perfect weather. Perfect. We just sat there for hours. Careless. Our only concerns were figuring out how to talk to the non-hipster boy who was sitting by himself at a Starbucks reading his book. Or if we also had time to go to the shoe store. 

Sigh.

Then I headed to Madison, where I saw one of my favorite artists, William Fitzsimmons. He was the kindest of men. When I got to him I simply blurted, "I think you're WONDERFUL." He told me that one one of the loveliest things I could say to him. I will marry him. Beard and all. 





But now, now I have projects and deadlines and work and stresses. Also known as, real life. This is okay. 5 weeks until summer. That's totally doable, right? Thanks for all the lovely comments on my stuff. It means a lot. For real. <3

2 comments:

  1. Ah yay for beards!

    It sounds like you had an excellent spring break! Mine was a couple weeks ago and I miss it :(

    But Easter Break is upon us!! So at least there's that.

    I've never heard of him before, but I am now a fan of this song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think YOU'RE wonderful. And that picture of you, with the orange shorts? Gorgeous, gorgeous in every way.

    I'm sure motivation will come back soon! I'm a little afraid that the same thing will happen once I'm back from vacation with my family. Yeeks.

    So happy that you're doing BEDA! :) Thanks for reminding me about it. I would've completely forgotten, otherwise.

    ReplyDelete