Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bob Dresses in a Box


 I went outside today (in a short sleeved dress) to take some pictures of my dress to show my mom. You can't see the dress very well, so here's a close up picture of it.



I bought it yesterday at The Mall of America. H & M. I also saw a man living in a box. I don't entirely understand the concept. It's called the Human Do.ing, and it's a man living in a glass box for 30 days. His box looks like a room in IKEA with glass around it. It's supposed to be a healthy thing? You tweet/Facebook him tasks to do (exercises, meals) and he does them. The man in the box waved to me. I waved back.


"One man. In a box. For one month. Living a healthier life with your support."
Does this sentence not sound entirely contradictory to you? Except then we came around and he was talking to people, outside of the box. He was standing outside of his box. MAN IN BOX, you cannot stand OUTSIDE of your BOX. That makes this way less cool.

I don't know, Google him. He really wants you to.


Here! Have a song!


One more thing, and then I promise I'll be done for today. I saw these shoes yesterday. Okay, okay okay this is ridiculous. Stupid. Annoying. Borderline illegal. Not even creative or good marketing in the LEAST BIT. It disgusts me.



Not ONLY is it the EXACT SAME style of shoe, but they chose to name them "BOBS" ?!?!?!? They even go so far as to have the tags in the SAME places in the SAME styles. I'm not even trying to sound all hipster or whatnot. I'm literally disgusted from a marketing perspective. I'm glad that they are also doing the "one for one" thing, but the drastic measures they have taken to make their shoes as similar as Toms is downright stupid. Consumers are hardly falling for it. They're not even that much less expensive.

Payless Shoes have been doing this for years, but at least they don't call their "Crocs" "Brocs" or "Converse" "Nonverse." Bobs. Goodness crap. Sigh.

Have a lazy Sunday, kiddos.

9 comments:

  1. Your dress is super cute! BOBS and the man in the box are a bit ridiculous, but at least it makes for a good story. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate BOBS! I mean, just do a different shoe design with the same concept of one for one! Don't rip off TOMS entirely! Plus, if they aren't that much cheaper than the real thing, than I'd rather get the real thing!

    And super cute dress, girly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOBS???? SERIOUSLY???? *angry face lexie*

    I love your dress! Adorable. Quite adorable. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is so cute! And I don't understand the living in a box thing at all. I mean, it's not practical. He'd have to leave to go to the bathroom anyways.. right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, love the dress. Second, love Two Door Cinema Club. Third, my sister works in marketing and she will definitely be hearing about "Bobs". I do believe that you now have a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your dress! It's sooo cute! That is disgusting about the Bobs thing. I mean, like you said, it's cool that they're doing the one-for-one thing and all, but you could at least be creative enough to come up with your own design for your shoes. What they're doing is just lazy and probably boarders on copyright infringement or plagiarism or whatever the shoe equivalent of those is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey again... I'm so glad you're doing BEDA too, I look forward to reading your posts! I have to say that I really enjoyed the half hour or so I just spent catching up on your blog, you write so well and about such interesting topics. I particularly liked the ones about primary school nostalgia (I was surprised how many similar memories I have!) or your idea about FaultBook. The apartment you'll be moving into in Chicago looks absolutely gorgeous, too. Anyway. Lovely dress, the style really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that dress. I LOVE THAT DRESS. And glad you're doing BEDA too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What really gets me is the fact that TOMS is made in china, it's a very simple shoe and it must cost less than 2$ to make and they sell them at 55$ +. No wonder they can "give" one away for free...

    How come a real espadrille handmade in Spain costs half the price??
    Check here www.espadrilles.ca

    ReplyDelete