Since I compare my life to Gilmore Girls on a daily basis, I will share with you what I came across today.
Recently I watched this episode, where Loreli opens a present from her parents. The present being Wolfgirl, a painting.
Today we had to research a few artists in Graphic Design, and one was Kiki Smith. I google imaged Kiki Smith and saw it. Wolfgirl.
Oh goodness. The poor, unfortunate child. Anyway, I pretty much laughed out loud when I recognized it. I now fully understand another Gilmore Girl reference. One more down, 4378461 to go! Someday I'm going to watch all the seasons again, pause when there's a reference I don't understand, and look it up. This would be a time consuming process.
Now I have a question. Can you be in love with a feeling, or do you simply become addicted to feelings? Can you both be in love with and be addicted to something?
These are the seemingly irrelevant questions that flood my brain all too often.
You guys should also name a song you're into right now. One that makes you happy. I'm all for new happy songs!
More tomorrow! xx
I love when I finally understand GG references! I didn't have cable when it was on TV, but my sister bought all of the seasons on DVD, and most of the DVD seasons come with a book of Gilmore-isms which explain the references. So that might be the way to go if you want to learn quick!
ReplyDeleteI think you can be in love with a feeling. I don't see why not. You can be in love with people and things, so why not feelings? Like, personally, I love the feeling of being loved (which is kind of silly, but true).
Fun happy song: Roll To Me by Del Amitri. Hardly new, but it always makes me smile.
Others: Hey by Backseat Goodbye, Grace Kelly by Mika, and The Skin Of My Yellow Country Teeth by Clap Your Hands Say Yeah.
Yellow Submarine by the Beatles. It makes me feel like summer, old photos of Paris, and dancing around my bedroom.
ReplyDeleteI love being happy, so I think you can love a feeling. And I sometimes think love is an obsession itself, just not a creepy one.
ReplyDeleteFun songs: New Shoes by Paolo Nutini is my go to pick-me-up song.
Others are West Coast by Coconut Records, July, July by the Decemberists, Flying Horses by Dispatch
And the list goes on and on
lights-ellie goulding. it's an upbeat happy song =)
ReplyDeletei totally did that one day. i had wikipedia opened, and just kept looking up basically everything. i did that for 'psych' once too! lol
ReplyDeleteright now i'm mostly listening to dashboard confessional because they make me feel like summer :)
Whenever I watch Gilmore Girls I get so excited when I understand a reference. I used to get so upset when I was younger and didn't understand any of them. Slowly but surely.
ReplyDeleteAnd right now I'm on a Katy Perry binge. Her song Hummingbird Heartbeat is probably one of my tops.