"Oh, tie me to the end of a kite,
So I can go on, I can go on with my life.
Every marigold I pass below will be my guiding light,
I just want to go away from here,
Oh, tie me to the end of a kite,
So I can go on, I can go on with my life.
Every time the wind blows stronger,
I will feel my spirit rise,
I just want to go away from here.
Oh, tie me up tightly by your side,
So I may go with you where ever you reside.
And anytime the road looks dimmer,
I will be your guiding light.
I just want to go away with you.
I just want to go away with you."
Oh, tie me to the end of a kite,
So I can go on, I can go on with my life.
Every time the wind blows stronger,
I will feel my spirit rise,
I just want to go away from here.
Oh, tie me up tightly by your side,
So I may go with you where ever you reside.
And anytime the road looks dimmer,
I will be your guiding light.
I just want to go away with you.
I just want to go away with you."
- The Kite Song by Rosie Thomas
Things significant about today:
I learned that you do not touch large objects in the kiln room, because it's probably a kiln. #burntfinger
I ate the most foul tasting meat I can ever remember tasting.
I learned that to have something in a kiln is to "fire" it.
I am now contractually obligated to live in Chicago.
I drank a large mug of regular coffee. #badidea
I passed my BEDA count from last year.
I virtually hugged all of you.I took a lot of deep breaths.
I drew six drawings.
I experienced.
I learned.
<3
I know it's not a content comment, but I like the shrinking sentences. Not enough days in April left for me to pass last year's BEDA count. I can't believe the month is nearly over, though. Time moves too quickly.
ReplyDeleteI liked the way you formatted this. Kilns are dangerous guys. Actually, I wouldn't know that because the only experience I've had with a kiln was in elementary school when we made like, ceramic pots and stuff for our moms and our art teacher showed us the kiln room one time.
ReplyDeleteBut....um....yeah. :)
Funny you should post about kites...it's tornado weather here today (which doesn't happen very often since it's a valley) but it means lots and lots of wind. i.e. my favorite weather...minus the tornadoes.
ReplyDelete